Did you know that October is sensory awareness month? While Misophonia has yet to be fully-classified, it is hard to deny that our senses are heightened and constantly berated. Join us, and the sensory community for SPD Parent Zone’s 2016 online sensory awareness conference. Dr. Jennifer Jo Brout will be included on the roster, along with wonderful professionals from the sensory community.
Full Conference cost is $30 (less than $1/day)
How it works: Each day in October you’ll receive a video with a “Sensory Tip of the Day” from one of the top experts in the field.
Conference Speakers (16 of 31…more speaker details coming soon)
- Kelly Jurecko (Conference Host): President, SPD Parent Zone
- Carol Kranowitz: Author of The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder, The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up.
- Dr. Elysa Marco, Associate Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics & Psychiatry; Director of Research, Autism and Neurodevelopment Program; Director of Neurodevelopment & Cognition Program, Pediatric Brain Center
- Dr. Roya Ostovar: Author of The Ultimate Guide to Sensory Processing Disorder. Director of the Center for Neurodevelopmental Services (CNS) at McLean Hospital, an innovative program that provides services to individuals with autism spectrum disorders, developmental and pschiatric disorders. Assistant Professor in the Department of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- Jennifer Hughes, Founder of The Sensory Spectrum and The Jenny Evolution.
- Dayna Abraham: Author Sensory Processing 101, Founder of Lemon Lime Adventures andProject Sensory.
- Sharon Heller, PhD.: Author of Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight
- Barbara Sher: Author of Every Day Games for Sensory Processing Disoder, Early Intervention Games
- Nancy Peske, co-author of Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues
- Dr. Heidi and Rev. Mantu Joshi, author of The Resilient Parent: Everyday Wisdom for Life with Your Exceptional Child
- Coppertop Caitlin is a 10 yr old artist, author & vlogger with sensory integration challenges and dyspraxia.
- Dr. Kay Toomey: A Pediatric Psychologist who has worked for nearly 30 years, with children who don’t eat. She is the developer of the highly effective, family-centered SOS Approach to Feeding in successful use worldwide to assess and treat children with feeding problems.
- Carrie Fannin: Executive Director, Children’s Institute for Learning Differences (CHILD)
- Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, 20+ years as a clinical researcher, occupational therapist, and a content expert in social participation, autism, maternal health, and the therapeutic use of narrative.
- Dr. Jennifer Jo Brout: Sensory Processing & Emotion Regulation at Duke University,SENetwork/International Misophonia Research Network Education, She has worked with the STAR Institute for SPD for over 18 years, is a member of their scientific work-group; Research Director of Misophonia International Magazine